Tequila Lime Chicken
Tequila lime chicken is one of the best known tequila recipes in the world. And rightfully so: it’s easy to cook, fast to make, and delicious to eat (along with your favorite tequila, of course).
If you love eating and drinking (that’s 99.9% of the population) you absolutely NEED to learn how to cook it.
There are a few tequila lime chicken recipes floating around the web; however, I’m all for improvising and improving upon existing recipes. I learned how to cook this particular dish over a year ago during a visit to Tequila, Jalisco. I fell in love with it and I’m sure you’ll will too.
The time has come to share it with the world!
Ready? Off we go.
Tequila Chicken Recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 cup lime juice + ½ cup orange juice
- 2 chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup reposado tequila
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Marinate the chicken in the bowl for 6 hours.
3. After 6 hours, use a medium to high temperature and heat the frying pan Add the chicken breasts when hot.
4. Cook and stir for 5 minutes (or until the chicken is ready).
5. Add tequila reposado if desired. Let the chicken cook slowly for 3 minutes and turn off.
add white rice or a tortilla soup as a side dish. Guacamole and salsa are also in order.
Summing things up...
What more can you ask for? Friends and family will be impressed with the texture and taste of this chicken recipe.
Remember, with great power comes great responsibility… use this recipe wisely!
Return to Tequila Recipes from Tequila Lime Chicken
Return to Tequila Knight