Margarita Pie Recipe
We’ve sipped tequila. We’ve cooked with tequila. Now it's time to turn our next tequila bottle into dessert. Enter the margarita pie recipe.
By the way, you don’t need an entire tequila bottle for this recipe; a spoonful or two will be enough. You can down the rest (yes, I love you too).
In essence you’ll be making Key Lime Pie. However, when and how much tequila you add will make all the difference in terms of taste.
Note: this recipe was inspired by Mesa Grill’s Guide to Tequila “Tequila-Lime Tart” recipe. However, various modifications were made to it for simplicity. These include food coloring, triple sec, using a pre made pie crust, and avoiding ovens at all costs.
Cook time: 4 hours (15 minutes active time).
Makes: 8 servings.
- 9 inch premade pie crust
- 20 oz. sweetened condensed milk (approx. 550 g.)
- ½ cup fresh Key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila (blanco or reposado)
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- whipped cream
- lime wedges
- food coloring (any color, though green would be standard)
1. Combine the milk, egg yolks, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec into a bowl. Stir then until it’s evenly thick.
2. Pour into the crust shell. Spread out evenly.
3. Top off with whipped cream. Spread out evenly.
4. Place in freezer for 4 hours.
5. Garnish with lime wedges when ready to serve.
Summing things up...
That wasn’t so bad, was it? A fresh margarita pie recipe that can be made in minutes and enjoyed instantly. You shouldn’t have much trouble cooking this one up (unless you’re drunk, then I’d be fun to see you cook it up!).
Tequila’s: a versatile liquor to be sipped, mixed, and even cooked as dessert. Enjoy!
Return to Cooking With Tequila from Margarita Pie Recipe
Return to Tequila Knight